Saturday, June 14, 2008

Inside My Coworker's Mind

One of my coworkers came into my office on Friday and told me about a dream that they had.

She said that someone bearing a resemblance to me (but not exactly me) approached and invited her to join a video game competition. When she agreed to join him, my doppleganger apparently added, "By the way, we're competing against the Devil Incarnate."

Before the game, the Devil turned into two teenagers from the International Baccalaureate program. I asked how she knew they were from IB and my coworker said they acted like they were from IB. As a scarred veteran of IB program, I instantly recognized what she was talking about. It was the snobish, high-intellectual elitism that we were all supposed to have.

During the so-called video game competition, the fight evolved into a ideological debate between Catholic and Protestant theology. After this event the dream becomes somewhat hazy as most dreams do. My coworker said she remembers digging through her closet looking her Disney World All-Access Pass for some reason that she couldn't remember.

After she tells me this whole story, I ask her what she had for dinner. Perhaps, I thought that she had eaten something that would upset her stomach and cause her to have bad dreams. Calmly, she tells me that had had a Krystals sandwich before she went to bed.

How many times do I have to tell you people? Don't eat fast food before you go to bed. If you do, then you'll end up dreaming about the Monkey and the Devil playing video games for the sould of humanity. People never listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment