Friday, June 13, 2008

Cellular South does not work with Bloger and Utterz

If you have Cellular South as your cellphone service provider, you might be interested to know that their picture messaging system does not work with the popular blogging services, Blogger.com and Utterz.com. Simply put, you won't be able to send your mobile phone pics straight to your blogs.

I have talked to the techs at Utterz and they will try to create a work around from their end. It will be a few months before we see anything if they are successful. As for Blogger, I've gotten no response except for the standard automated reply.

Cellular South has claimed that they have not changed anything on their end, but based on a simple analysis at the changes in the format of MMS messages. Anyone with eyes can tell that there is a change.

One of the major changes that I have noticed is that pictures are a now embedded in the message as opposed to being attached when you send an MMS. All MMS messages before June of 2008 carried attachments. Everyone of the ones that I sent to myself after the end of May have the pictures embedded.

Now, I've been a big fan of Cellular South since 2000, but the lack of communication about this change has been a seriously disappointment to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment