Monday, January 12, 2009

No more EGM Magazine

After more than twenty years of being one of the most trusted printed magazines covering the video game industry, Electronic Gaming Monthly was finally done in by the plunging economy and the publishing industry's shift towards web-only publishing.

I have so many childhood memories of riding my bicycle to the drugstore to see if the latest issue of EGM was out. As I grew older my life's priorities changing, I still managed to occassionally read the magazine just enough to keep up with what was going on in the video game world. All in all, it was a good read and one that I will truly miss. The gaming magazine racks will never be the same.

You can read more about this on Sam Kennedy's 1up.com blog: http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8978290&publicUserId=4561231

Here's an article from MTV Multiplayer talking about: http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/01/09/kennedy-gaming-industry-let-egm-die/


Mobile post sent by ByteMonkey using Utterli. reply-count Replies.

No comments:

Post a Comment