Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sci-Fi Friday is Back!

utterli-image

Last night, I tuned in for the return of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and the premier of Joss Whedon's Dollhouse on Fox. It's good to finally have something decent to fill in the void that Stargate: SG1/Atlantis left in its place when they ended their shows.

Terminator: SCC continues its story towards humanity’s doom in the hands of machines. I’m hoping to see more time travelling robot fighting each other this season. I think the show needs to come up with an effective way to pull in new viewers if they plan to survive. The show assumes that the viewer already knows what is going on and it leaves any newcomers very lost and confused.

As for Joss Whedon’s Dollhouse, it will be interesting to see how the show plays out. I’m an old fan of Whedon’s Firefly/Serenity, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Angel series, so I have a high level of expectation from this show. With last night’s pilot, I can see that this show will be episodic with an underlying story arc spanning the series. This will be a great contrast to T: SCC which is basically one long story. So far, the story is intriguing, and cast looked awesome. It’s good to see Elisa Dushku and Amy Acker back on the small screen.

Overall, the two shows were great which means that I’ll be tuning each next week. Both shows tackle the idea of being "reprogrammed" pretty well. Let’s just hope that the writing on the shows keeps me coming back.

Mobile post sent by ByteMonkey using Utterli. reply-count Replies.

No comments:

Post a Comment