Sunday, March 29, 2009

Monsters vs. Aliens

utterli-image
Last night I got bored and decided to hit the movie theater. I wanted to see something that was science fiction that wasn’t all doom-and-gloom about the future or had the Rock in it. With that in mind, I was left with Monsters vs. Aliens. As it turns out, I made the right choice.

I went to see this movie not knowing anything about it. I saw some posters and some commercials on the tube, but I didn’t know anything more than what I gleamed from those 15 sec adverts. I really had no idea what the plot was or who was in the cast.

It was a total surprise to me to see the names of Reese Witherspoon, Seth Rogen, Hugh Laurie (Dr. House from House MD), Will Arnett, Kiefer Sutherland, Rann Wilson (Dwight fro the Office), Paul Rudd, Amy Poehler, Renée Zellweger, and Stephen Colbert in the credits.

The plot is hilarious. The story really revolves Reese Witherspoon’s character Susan who gets hit by a meteor and turns into the 50ft –woman. She is then captured by the government and made to work with other monsters: the missing link, a scientist turned cockroach, the blob, and the caterpillar form of Mothra. When an alien invasion threatens earth, they are offered their freedom in exchange for defeating the aliens.

A couple of notable things, Seth Rogen plays B.O.B. (the Blob) and is hilarious. I didn’t make out Hugh Laurie since he didn’t sound like House in this movie but after seeing the credits, it made total sense.

The animation is really good. It reminded me a lot of the Incredibles.

All in all, it was a fun and hilarious movie. It’s the perfect sci-fi movie to hold you over until the Star Trek movie comes out in the next couple of months.
Mobile post sent by ByteMonkey using Utterli. reply-count Replies.

No comments:

Post a Comment