Sunday, April 5, 2009

Treating myself to Crabs!

After briefly loitering around at UWF's Festival on the Green, the gang and I decided to grab some grub at Pensacola Beach. We started off with a plan to get some hot wings at Hooters, but somehow ended up going to Crabs Seafood Restaurant. To be honest, I can't really remember what made us change our minds but we ended up there somehow.

At the restaurant, I realized that of all the times I have been there I had never ordered crabs from Crabs. For years, I had been limiting myself to the appetizers or the fried seafood baskets. Well, I decided that I would fix this major oversight and ordered some crabs.

Now, one of my main character flaws is that I can get somewhat indecisive on things that are very similar. Often, I try to do a lot research when I have to deliberate on things. This time, I didn't have the luxury of knowing what kind of crab was good, so I opted for the Combo Crab Platter which had a little of Alaskan Snow Crab Clusters, King Crab Legs, Dungeness Crab from San Francisco. There was some coleslaw, boiled potatoes, and corn on the cob also thrown in there for good measure.

To say the least, it was very good meal. Although it was pricey at about $30, I felt it was worth every dime. I don't make a habit of spending that much when eating out, but I'm a firm believer in treating yourself every once in a while.

Remember that you only live once. Don't die with any regrets of not having tasted something. If it looks good. Why not treat yourself and give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment