Tuesday, May 12, 2009

To Boldly Go . . .

I went to see the new Star Trek movie last Thursday, but I've been so busy since then that I haven't had a chance to post about it. All in all, I liked the movie a lot and I've decided that I'm probably going to see it again.

Being a Geek, I went to the movie wearing my TOS Tunic T-shirt from ThinkGeek.com. I chose to wear the red shirt to honor all the expendable crew members of the Enterprise who had fallen. When I go to watch the movie again, I might wear my blue shirt to show homage to Spock and Bones.

I love the fact that the movie was full of action from the get go and some of dialog was funny. I thought Scotty was hillarious especially with what he said he did to Archer's beagle.

The actors that played Kirk, Spock, and Bones did a fantastic job in my opinion. Bones freaking out about space flight was really funny to me. Also, tying in Captain Pike was a nice touch.

If you're thinking about seeing the movie, I don't think you'll be disappointed. If you go see it at the Rave Theater on Bayou Boulevard, you might see me geeking out in my Trek shirt and telling people to "live long and prosper."

Sent on the go from my Peek.

No comments:

Post a Comment