Sunday, June 14, 2009

Life Update

Well, it’s been a while since I updated anything interesting and I truly apologize for that. For the most part, I’ve been really busy with work lately, and ‘busy’ is probably an understatement.

In the last couple of months, I’ve been made to give presentations to staff members at the company I work for on the subject of social media and social networking. Although, I don’t consider myself a “guru,” it would seem that I have become the in-house expert on the matter.

Altogether, a good part of my time is spent working on my presentation. The rest of my work time is spent doing what I’m supposed to be doing which is build and maintain the company websites and social media accounts.

Personally, I’m looking at buying a house in the next year or so. I know I want a place that is close to my work which means that I have to wait a little while and save more money to afford any of the houses in that area. At this point, I’m just looking around. I don’t have the money to commit to anything right now, but in about a year, I’ll definitely be in a better financial position. (It feels weird putting that in writing. About a year ago, that was just a joke in my head. Now, it seems like an inevitability). If any of you have gone through the house buying process and have some tips, I’d appreciate any advice you may have.

In other quirky gadgetry news, I’m thinking about getting an iPod Touch to have a portable web surfing device on hand. Do any of you have one? How is the web browser on it? Does it support Adobe Flash? Earlier this year, I bought the Sony Mylo Com-2 and I was sorely disappointed. The WiFi range and battery life was horrible but the web browser was somewhat decent since it supported Flash. I really want something that will have a decent WiFi range, something with Flash, and battery life. Is the iPod Touch the device for me?

Mobile post sent by ByteMonkey using Utterli. reply-count Replies.

No comments:

Post a Comment