Sunday, January 10, 2010

eBay Fails Me

Last week, I bought a replacement battery for one a laptop that I am fixing. In an effort to be thrifty, I decided to buy the battery from eBay which in hindsight was a dumb thing to do. Now, I'm stuck in customer service hell.

Normally, I have had issued with eBay sellers not shipping in a timely manner. This time, the shipping was quick, but the it was missing the end cap that snaps the battery into the case and prevents it from falling out. So, I contact the seller and tell them about this, and they tell me that the battery doesn't come with a cap. Annoyed, I took pictures and drew diagrams of what was missing and replied back to the seller. They then apologize and offered me $3 for inconveniencing me. Yes, they offered me $3 for selling me what is essentially a defective product. I ask if they would take it back and give me my money back. They said they would do minus a restocking fee and that I would have to pay for priority shipping for the return shipping, which cost as much as the battery. To say the least, I will not be doing a return.

I asked if they would sell me the missing part. At this point, I'm willing to pay for the missing part. They replied back asking me why I couldn't use the original end cap from he original battery. I couldn't do that because the laptop was already missing to begin with. The only way to get that part is to get a new battery. But it irks me that these people didn't answer my question. They just fired off their own questions to where I now have to fix their defective product with my own parts.

I'm still trying to figure out how to respond to them. I just know that this will drag on and I'll still end up losing. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment