Sunday, February 8, 2015

Rediscovering Comic Books

Rediscovering Comic Books

Coinciding with attempts to rekindle my writing abilities, I have rediscovered my passion for comic books twenty odd years later. In my youth, comic books served me more than just entertainment. They were my inspiration and muse for some of my better writing assignments during my academic years.

I love comic books. There I said it. Comic books made my younger self want to read, draw, and write. That desire would eventually evolved into the skills that I use today in my professional career as a web developer and graphics designer.

So, please don't be surprised if you see me talk about comic books on this site amongst other geeky things. I'm even toying with the idea of developing a blog or site just dedicated to comic books. In that way, I can get my writing kick and talk about something i really like. (I should probably write this idea down on a post-it note and stick on the fridge so that I don't forget).

In the twenty odd years that I have been away from comic books, it would seems a lot has happened in the industry. I'm glad to see that most of the writers and artist that I remember are still are still around like Jim Lee, Todd McFarlance, and Jason Scott Campbell. I can see that there's a lot new people and I'm excited to discover their works.

Do you read comic books? Let me know what you're reading and if you have any recommendations for someone who's finding his way back to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment