Saturday, February 7, 2015

The Write Stuff

I'm trying to make good with one of my personal goals and sitting down to compose something to post on here. Suffice it to say, I am determined to find my lost focus and start writing (and blogging) more than I have done in recent times. 

In what feels like a lifetime ago, I was tortured with so much writing assignments during my academic years that I actually started to enjoy writing. Somewhere along the way, that focus on writing was derailed by a growing interest in we design and graphics design. I'm not saying that was a bad thing. The skills that I learned from doing web development is what keeps me currently employed so that I can pay my bills. At one point, blogging seemed like the perfect combination of my passions and it was for a time. Sadly, my work of building web sites took over my focus as I wanted to get ahead in my career. My desire to develop my writing skills slipped onto the back-burners as I spent my days building websites for people who I found to be far superior writers than I ever was. At that time, I was humbled and discouraged. I focused on what I was good at and I became really good at building websites and tinkering with gadgets and computers.

In what now looks like the beginning of a mid-life crisis, I have decided to start writing again and this blog is going to be a big part of it as I hope to hone my writing skills on this blog. So please bear with me, (or not, nobody's forcing you to read this) as you may start seeing some posts that do not have a tech/geek spin to them. You might even see a haiku or a poem or two from time-to-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment